1. After deciding on one of our standard designs, we will discuss with you any minor changes you would like to make so you are completely happy with your choice. When finalised, we will provide you a detailed proposal including specification and plans.
2. Alternatively, should you have your own design for which you would like us to price, provided the design plans are suitably detailed we can prepare a detailed proposal including specification.
3. If your design ideas are only sketches and not detailed plans suitable for pricing our design team will work with you and prepare concept sketch plans suitable for pricing. YMH would also visit the site to survey access and site conditions. For this work you would sign a ‘YMH Letter of Engagement’ and pay an initial ‘design fee’ of $2,500 plus GST*. This fee would become a credit to the contract if we proceed to Contract.
4. If Planning Approval is required, we can provide you with the information needed by your local Council for you to obtain or we can put you in touch with a Town Planner to assist you in obtaining Planning Approval.
5. Once Planning Approval is received, the pre-contract preparation stage is complete. We will then prepare a Standard MBAV (or MBANSW) Domestic Building Contract, invite you to our office to explain and sign the Contract, pay a 5% deposit and meet with our colour consultant to finalise your colour choices and specifications. YMH will then apply for a Building Permit.
6. Once the building permit has been issued by Council or Private Building Certifier, construction on your new home or villa will be scheduled to start at our modern manufacturing facility in Mulwala. Construction generally takes between 10-16 weeks depending on the size and design. YMH staff will regularly keep you updated on the progress and you are welcome to visit our facility any time during the build phase, however we can also provide you the YMH Blog ‘login’ details for you to follow your building’s progress on line.
During construction, our team will attend your site to prepare the footings and liaise with your on-site plumber and electrician for service connections to coincide with delivery.
7. In the last 2 – 4 weeks we add the finishing touches such as baseboards and additional verandahs or carports you may have chosen. Together, we will make a final inspection to ensure that all the details are complete and to your satisfaction.
8. The certifying Building Surveyor will make their final inspection and issue YMH an Occupancy Certificate. Once issued, we handover your keys so you can move in and enjoy your new home or villa!
*Should you proceed to contract this amount would remain as a credit in the contract price.
We custom design and build to suit each individual project using your plans or any of our quality designs. Our experienced team work through every facet of the design, construction and fit out process to ensure each aspect maintains the exacting standards set by YMH.
With a dedicated interior designer on the YMH team to assist our customers with selecting colour schemes, fixtures and fittings, the end result and finish is assured and a part of the service from YMH.